Your Source for Water News & Information in California & the West
Our news & publications team keeps you informed every day, every month with articles, maps and educational guides
Despite the ongoing pandemic, the Water Education Foundation team continues to churn out water news, maps that provide visual context to key water topics and guides that help deepen your understanding of California’s most precious natural resource.
- Each weekday, you can stay on top of water news with our
Aquafornia newsfeed of stories
across California and the West. Sign up
here to get an email notification around 9 a.m. each
- Each month, we publish our own staff-produced articles on hot
water topics in Western
Water. We just published a
special report on groundwater and efforts to meet
the requirements of the Sustainable Groundwater Management
Act. Sign up here
to get notified of new articles.
- We continually update our
Guide series that offers readers an
easy-to-understand, broad overview and perspective on a variety
of important water topics. We recently updated our guides on
water rights law and the Delta,
and an update to our Central Valley Project guide is close to
- Our beautiful, frame-worthy
water maps have always been popular and we’re
close to publishing a new one on the all-important
Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta.
- We created a special COVID-19
webpage dedicated to providing water-related
information about the virus, ideas for teaching online or at home
and a newsfeed where you can find the latest coronavirus-related
- We also created a special water equity webpage filled with information and resources to help deepen your understanding of the topic.