From Virtual Tours to Instagram to a New Layperson’s Guide, Our Team Is Adding Ways to Learn About Water In California and the West
Despite the coronavirus pandemic, the Water Education Foundation team has been busy continuing to provide educational opportunities, adding to our social media channels and making it easier for graduates of our Water Leaders program to connect.
And, as we continue to work remotely, you can find out here how to email our team for various questions.
Here’s a recap of the last few months and what’s available for you:
- We published an update to our
Layperson’s Guide to the Delta to reflect the
latest efforts to reconcile ecosystem needs of the Sacramento-San
Joaquin Delta with its role as California’s vital water delivery
hub as well as its place as an important agricultural region,
popular recreation destination and home to various wildlife. You
your copy here.
- We transitioned our Headwaters Tour into an
online format happening Thursday (Aug. 6). Seats on the virtual
bus are sold out but you can
get on the waitlist
here! If you get left
off of the bus this time and would like us to do an encore of
this particular tour,
email Nick Gray.
- We started an Instagram page. You can
- We made it easier for graduates of our Water Leaders
program to reconnect with us and each other. Check out
page to find out the different ways.
- We’ve written Western Water articles, the latest one
looking at the Salton Sea and the
state’s long-promised efforts to aid the troubled lake. You can
read the article here.
- We created a special COVID-19
webpage dedicated to providing water-related
information about the virus, ideas for teaching online or at home
and a newsfeed where you can find the latest coronavirus-related
- Every weekday we churn out our
Aquafornia newsfeed of the top water stories in
California, including a word of the week from our online water
- We will gradually be transitioning all our remaining 2020 tours into a virtual format. Our annual Water Summit, meanwhile, which was set for Sept. 24, is on pause as we evaluate options.
We hope everyone is continuing to be safe and healthy!