Open House & Reception
We held our annual open house at our office near the Sacramento River
People came to our Sacramento office between 3:30 and 6:30 p.m. to meet our team and learn more about what we do to educate and inspire understanding of the most precious natural resource in California and across the West — water!
They enjoyed refreshments and appetizers while catching up on our tours, conferences, maps, water news and training programs for teachers and up-and-coming water professionals.
The open house was held in conjunction with Big Day of Giving, an annual initiative of the Sacramento Region Community Foundation to grow philanthropy. It is a 24-hour online giving challenge that brings together the region’s nonprofit community to help raise much-needed unrestricted funds and shine a spotlight on the work nonprofits do.
Here are just a few things their gifts will help us accomplish in 2023:
- Our all-new Eastern Sierra Tour in September
- Brand new updates to two of our Layperson’s Guides – Colorado River & Klamath River
- Expanded Project WET teacher training workshops throughout California
- Free public access to our Western Water news coverage
- Scholarships for our tours, events & workshops
What people say about the Foundation’s impact:
“The Water Education Foundation has significantly enhanced my personal and professional growth! The emphasis on collaboration, equitable communication and partnership within the Foundation’s programs has inspired me to continually look at the ‘bigger picture’ and evaluate how I can adopt an inclusive approach to problem-solving”
- Cheyanne Harris, Civil Engineer, Brown and Caldwell, Foundation Board Member, Water Leaders Class of 2019
“The Water Education Foundation helped ignite my passion for California water. Through attending events and participating in the Water Leaders class, I learned how valuable my experience in California agriculture can be in broader discussions about water.”
- Sara Reid, VP, Lead Relationship Manager – Western Region, CoBank, Foundation Board Member, Water Leaders Class of 2015
Sacramento CA 95833