Give the Gift of Water Knowledge This Holiday Season
Check out the array of water maps, layperson's guides, tours, events and more that could fill any water wonk's stocking
We’re offering an array of intriguing gift options, from a ticket
to our popular Water 101 Workshop or one of our 2020 water tours
to one of our beautiful poster-size water maps, layperson’s
guides or other water publications.
- Maps and posters — We have 13 different water maps and water-related posters available
- Layperson’s guides — There are 16 available on key water topics, including groundwater, climate change, the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, flood management and water rights
- School-age publications, including resources for teachers
- Water 101 Workshop — One of our most popular events, the Water 101 Workshop offers attendees the opportunity to deepen their understanding of California’s water history, laws, geography and politics. And next year’s workshop will include an optional one-day tour featuring innovative and collaborative water projects and programs
- Water Tours — Our first tour of 2020 will travel along the lower Colorado River and up through the Imperial and Coachella valleys, exploring how water from the “Lifeline of the Southwest” is used and managed to meet agricultural, urban, environmental and industrial needs
Among our most popular items:
Our California Water Map highlights the dams, reservoirs, canals, rivers, lakes and other water bodies throughout the state and shows how water moves through California.
Another popular map is the California Groundwater Map, which illustrates how groundwater works, the locations of groundwater basins around the state and the challenges from overuse.
Our Colorado River Basin map explores the many water supply uses — and challenges — along the “Lifeline of the Southwest.”
All three maps also come in special discounted bundles with their companion layperson’s guide.