Agenda Now Posted for Water 101 Workshop
Learn about California water basics and go beyond the headlines
Learn from top experts at our Water 101 Workshop in February about the history, hydrology and water law behind California water as well as hot topics such as groundwater, the Delta and storage being funded by $2.7 billion from Prop. 1.
Check out the agenda for the one-day workshop on February 4, with an optional second, half day.
Among the topics on Day 1 are:
- Water geography, history and hydrology
- California’s water rights system and governing laws
- Drought/El Nino and the Delta
- Alternative Supplies
- Understanding and working with the state Legislature
- Update on the storage aspect of the water bond
Day 2 is geared toward water district governance and working with the media. Topics include:
- Role and responsibilities of a water district director
- Overviews of the Brown Act, Public Records Act and conflicts of interest
- Explaining water issues in a multimedia world
Click here to register and find out more information.