Central Valley Floodplain Ecology Institute
Ecosystems and Water Resources of the Central California Flood Plain
Location: STEM Central WATERS Science Center, Sanger, CA
Sponsored By: California Department of Water Resources, STEM Central WATERS Science Center
Special Note: $15 pre- registration fee - Limited to first 30 participants to register before October 4, 2019!
Description: Check out this professional development opportunity offered for teachers, faculty, informal educators, community educators, and after school paraprofessionals. Earn stipends, college credit, and receive free materials for your students!
The Floodplain Ecology Training will be 3 plus days – October 12, 26, November 9, 2019.- and include STEM and environmental science content focused on Central California floodplain and watershed ecology. Different types of California floodplain wetland ecosystems will be investigated during the institute. Key highlights will include:
Meet and learn from leading water scientists and researchers;
- Walking away with a variety of watershed curriculum;
- NGSS aligned lessons;
- Delta wetland field study by charter bus on October 26, 2019.
- $200 stipend for completing training
- Travel stipend available for carpools coming more than 50 miles
- Optional university credit available – 3 Units – CI 280 T - Fresno State – additional session/project required for units.
Three plus days of unique training on watersheds, flood plains, and water science!