Aquafornia news KRCR - Redding
Why isn’t Shasta Lake’s water level rising? Officials explain
We had a near record-breaking amount of rain in October, with more in the forecast in early November. So why are Sacramento River releases still high, and the level of Shasta Lake not rising? Well, it’s not just our water. Shasta Dam is the largest dam, and Shasta Lake is the largest reservoir, in the Central Valley Project that supplies water to half of California’s 58 counties.
- Los Angeles Times: California storms brought only short-term drought relief
- Manteca Bulletin: New Melones almost two thirds empty
- Eureka Times-Standard: ‘Batten down the hatches’: Storm, showers headed for Humboldt County this week
- AccuWeather: Needed rain, mountain snow to return to California
- San Francisco Chronicle: Another atmospheric river is headed to the Bay Area. Here’s what to expect
- Los Angeles Times: After some wet weather last month, rain is back to bypassing Southern California
- Lompoc Record: John Lindsey - Will the rest of the year see above-normal rainfall?
- Chico Enterprise-Record: Editorial – Let’s take control of our water future