Wednesday Top of the Scroll: Rebuilt Oroville Dam spillway could be used next week after storm hits. Is it ready?
Water may cascade down Oroville Dam’s rebuilt spillway next week for the first time since a massive crater formed in its nearly half-mile long surface two years ago — a major milestone in the saga that triggered the evacuation of 188,000 people and a $1.1 billion repair job to the country’s tallest dam. A storm forecast to hit this week is expected to fill Lake Oroville to the point that state dam operators might need to open the spillway gates…
- Chico Enterprise-Record: Spillway could be used next week DWR says
- Mercury News: Oroville Dam: New spillway expected to be used next week for first time
- KQED Science: Oroville Dam’s Rebuilt Spillway Is Nearing Its First Use Since 2017 Disaster
- CBS Sacramento: Oroville Dam’s Rebuilt Main Spillway Could Be Used As Early As 1st Week Of April
- News release: DWR prepares for potential use of Oroville’s main spillway