Tuesday Top of the Scroll: Trump weakens Endangered Species Act; California promises to put up a fight
The Trump administration on Monday extended rollbacks of the nation’s environmental laws to the Endangered Species Act, a cardinal conservation program that’s helped keep wolves, whales and condors, among scores of other critters, flourishing across the West.
- KQED Science: California attorney general promises suit over endangered species rollback
- The Sacramento Bee: ‘We’re ready to fight’: Wildlife activists vow to protect Endangered Species Act from Trump
- New York Times: U.S. Significantly Weakens Endangered Species Act
- The Washington Post: New Trump rules weaken wildlife protections
- The Hill: Trump rolls back endangered species protections