Tuesday Top of the Scroll: More heavy Sierra snow coming this week. What it means for California drought, fires
A pair of storms will reach Northern California this week, with lighter showers Tuesday intensifying to heavy April snow in the Sierra Nevada mountains later in the week….Spring snowfall has helped boost California a bit after an exceptionally dry January through March. But it’s still very unlikely to bust the drought, as the recent storms represent just a fraction of the snowpack lost to record-low precipitation earlier in the year, and the window for more heavy snow is quickly closing before summer heat arrives.
- NBC Los Angeles: Drought-stricken California to see spring rain, snow
- Action News Now: Gov. Newsom visits Butte County Tuesday to discuss drought response
- Visalia Times-Delta: Weather whiplash - California to see heavy spring snow, rain showers after dry winter
- Tahoe Daily Tribune: Multiple feet of snow in forecast this week for Lake Tahoe
- Record Searchlight: Photos - Spring storms hit drought-parched California