Tuesday Top of the Scroll: In California, worsening fires show limits of Biden’s power
President Biden visited California on Monday to tout his efforts to better protect the state against the raging wildfires that have burned more than two million acres, displaced thousands and pushed responders to the brink of exhaustion. “These fires are blinking code red for our nation,” said Mr. Biden, who used the occasion to promote two bills pending in Congress that would fund forest management and more resilient infrastructure as well as combat global warming.
- The Washington Post: California keeps burning over and over and over
- The Guardian: ‘It’s a reality’: Biden calls for urgency in California as climate crisis fuels wildfires
- LA Times: California fires are burning at higher elevations than ever, creating new dangers
- LA Times: Wildfires rage in Sequoia National park and forest, sending flames into grove of giant trees
- Fox News: California’s climate crisis: Droughts and major wildfires are the ‘new normal’
- Law 360: Alsup Grills PG&E Worker Over Record-Breaking Dixie Fire