Trinidad declares drought emergency, says water conservation is necessary and may become mandatory
The Water Committee of the City of Trinidad has announced a drought notice for its residents. Trinidad draws about 2 million gallons of surface water each month from Luffenholtz Creek and processes it for about 323 water customers. Surface water flow of the creek has been steadily decreasing since June. … If creek water flow were to decrease further, mandatory restrictions of water use would be enforced.
- CBS: California tourist town running out of water amid drought
- KUSI: As California declares water crisis, San Diego County declares water surplus until 2045
- Eureka Times-Standard: ‘We are very fortunate with our water supply’: Ruth Reservoir at 87% capacity
- CBS Sacramento: Roseville Announces New Mandatory Water Conservation Due To Drought
- KRON4: San Jose’s water system threatened by climate change, Valley Water director says