Thursday Top of the Scroll: Water agencies stress need for disaster plan
In case of an emergency such as an earthquake or wildfire, one key element that could be disrupted, and for an extended period, is water. To that end, area water agencies and government officials gathered Wednesday in Lancaster as the Greater Antelope Valley Water Emergency Coalition to discuss preparations and resources available in case of water disruptions in an emergency.
- San Francisco Chronicle: Will it rain soon and end Bay Area’s fire season? It may be up to Russia
- KQED: PG&E will issue customer credits for blackouts, details more damage from high winds
- San Francisco Chronicle: In Mendocino County, they see the light — after five days without
- Los Angeles Times: PG&E power outages bring darkness, cold, fear to remote county
- Sierra Sun Times: California legislators ask president to help turn the lights back on by providing generators and water