Storm to bring widespread rain to Bay Area on Thursday, up to 3 feet of snow in Sierra Nevada
Boosting what has been a mediocre start so far to the winter season, a storm from the Pacific Northwest is expected to bring widespread rain to the Bay Area early Thursday and blanket the Sierra Nevada with up to 3 feet of new snow. … The storm system would be the first significant rain or snow in Northern California in more than three weeks, and comes as the state is entering its fourth year of drought. A hoped-for storm fizzled last weekend, but this one is on track, forecasters say….California desperately needs a sustained pattern of rain and snow this winter. The last three years have been the driest three-year period statewide since records began in the 1800s.
- AccuWeather: Heavy snow, rain to blast West Coast states with travel disruptions
- San Francisco Chronicle: Tahoe will get hit with major snow storm, bringing whiteouts and road closures
- YourCentralValley: Incoming rain will help farmers after 2022 drought report
- Sierra Sun Times: PG&E Prepares For Wet and Windy Weather Impacting Northern And Central California This Week
- Union Democrat: Storms expected to bring rain, snow to the Mother Lode starting Wednesday