Sierra snow survey canceled due to impacts of dry weather, water supply also at risk
A lack of wet weather is taking a toll on the state’s water supply. Chris Orrock, a spokesperson for the California Department of Water Resources … said while drought-like conditions are very common for the state, this year is worse than normal, especially considering back-to-back dry winters with little snow and rain. It is so dry, in fact, that DWR canceled Thursday’s snow survey at Phillips Station because there was not enough snow on the ground.
- CBS San Francisco: U.S. Drought Monitor Puts Most of Bay Area Under Extreme Drought Conditions
- VC Star: Here’s what to know about the worsening drought in Ventura County
- The New York Times: What to Know About California’s Drought
- SF Gate: 3 more Bay Area water districts take drastic steps with drought looming
- NBC Los Angeles: Map – See Where Drought Conditions Have Expanded in California
- CBS Local: South Bay Water Officials Draw On Distant Reserves, Weigh Options As Drought Deepens
- Government Technology: Drought Emergency Declared in Sonoma County, Calif.
- AgNet West: Questions raised by targeted drought declaration