Sacramento urged to cut water usage 10% during drought
Sacramento-area residents were urged Thursday to cut water usage by 10% as much of the state has been plunged into another severe drought. Just three days after Gov. Gavin Newsom declared the area officially in a drought, the Sacramento Regional Water Authority asked for voluntary conservation measures as its member agencies scramble to cope with drought conditions that seemingly worsen by the day.
- San Francisco Examiner: City ordinance seeks to conserve water supply, expand recycled water amid statewide drought conditions
- Deseret News: Shaming your neighbors is not a solution to the drought. But higher water rates might be
- KPBS: San Diego County Has ‘Sufficient’ Water Supplies Through 2045
- Manteca Bulletin: Newsom plays politics with drought: As Californians we are not all in this together
- CNN.com: The entire state of California is now in drought, just kindling waiting for an ignition