PG&E warns of CA safety blackouts as wildfires spread
With more critical wildfire weather looming, PG&E Corp. has warned it might shut off power to thousands of Northern Californians late Tuesday. Pacific Gas and Electric Co., already under investigation in connection with the massive Dixie Fire, said it might impose a blackout Tuesday night to 39,000 homes and businesses in 16 counties stretching from Mendocino to Yolo. About two-thirds of the affected customers would be in Butte and Shasta counties.
- Record Searchlight: Northern California fires burn 800,000 acres, thousands still evacuated
- Sacramento Bee: Wildfire in El Dorado County burning near Grizzly Flats prompts evacuation orders
- Associated Press: California fire threatens homes as blazes burn across West
- Santa Cruz Sentinel: A year after fire, burned Santa Cruz forests sprout with new life but growing takes time
- SF Chronicle Datebook: Review - In ‘Paradise,’ a tour de force story of wildfire and a terrifying look at what lies ahead