Monday Top of the Scroll: Southern California may see its biggest soaking this week since Christmas; some flooding, debris flows possible
We expect most of Southern California, including the Los Angeles Basin and San Diego metro area, as well as parts of Arizona, to pick up at least an inch of rain through Thursday. Some heavier amounts in higher terrain on southern- and southwestern-facing slopes are possible. Flash flooding of flood-prone, low-lying streets, freeways and normally dry washes and arroyos is possible in some areas.
- Orange County Register: Southern California expecting wettest storm of 2020
- Los Angeles Times: Remember rain? An atmospheric river is bringing it back to Southern California
- ABC News San Diego: Storm to bring heavy rainfall, possible flooding to San Diego
- Los Angeles Times: The portion of California considered to be in moderate drought continues to expand
- Capital Press: Bleak water year looms for Klamath Project