Monday Top of the Scroll: NorCal water agency leads ‘unprecedented’ effort to douse wildfire risk
To the north of the Yuba Watershed, the Dixie Fire has burned nearly a million acres. To the south, the Caldor Fire has destroyed hundreds of homes as it continues to burn near South Lake Tahoe. Meanwhile, the Yuba Water Agency is leading an effort to avoid similar catastrophic fire by focusing on a plan to treat 275,000 acres in the Yuba Watershed.
- The Associated Press: California wildfires – Weather conditions worsen threat to giant sequoia trees
- SF Chronicle: A red flag warning was issued for these parts of the Bay Area
- The Sacramento Bee: PG&E warns of Northern California safety power shutoffs
- Bloomberg Green: Wildfire Risk Prompts West U.S. Utilities to Warn of Power Cuts
- New York Times: The Unconventional Weapon Against Future Wildfires: Goats