Monday Top of the Scroll: Deadline arrives for critically overdrafted basins
Overpumping of groundwater has led to a variety of negative effects including reduced groundwater levels, seawater intrusion, and degraded water quality. It has also led to subsidence, which causes damage to critical water infrastructure. In some cases, years of overpumping have left entire California communities and farms without safe and reliable local water supplies.
- Grass Valley Union: Yuba Water Agency adopts groundwater plan
- KGET TV: Video: Kern County In Depth: Groundwater Sustainability Plans
- Western Farm Press: California ag faces a decade of challenges
- Arizona Republic: Opinion: 4 things Arizona should learn from California’s groundwater regulation fight
- News release: California marks key step toward achieving sustainable groundwater management