Monday Top of the Scroll: California weather – Upcoming storms could push some locations toward February records
Many California cities are already well ahead of their February rainfall normals, but another turbulent weather pattern is expected to push some areas toward monthly records this week. … Wednesday will feature the first in a weeklong series of wet weather systems. … By the end of the storm sequence, Los Angeles could set a new February precipitation record. … Californians planning to head to the Sierra Nevada for Presidents Day weekend should prepare for a few feet of snow. However, it’s too early for exact forecast snowfall amounts.
- NPR: It’s been raining a lot in California. Can the influx of water be put to good use?
- KTLA – Los Angeles: Another big storm may be headed to Southern California
- Fox Weather: California faces renewed ’significant flooding risk’ as more atmospheric river storms loom this week
- San Francisco Chronicle: Here’s why nobody can accurately predict the weather in California
- Los Angeles Times: La Niña on the horizon? California’s wild weather year could get even weirder