Maps show California’s remarkable drought recovery
… Maps and tables show that the Golden State has seen a remarkable turn of events since last November, as an abundance of rain and snowfall replenished dry landscapes. The most recent map shows the state officially out of drought conditions. There are only two small areas with abnormally dry conditions, places that are in drought recovery. A map from one year ago is vastly different and shows much of the state covered in drought. … The latest U.S. Drought Monitor update ended with 0% of the state afflicted with any drought conditions: a complete 180 from just one year ago.
- Newsweek: California hit with third storm in one week: ‘Impressive’ downpour
- Los Angeles Times: California’s extreme weather whiplash: So long, drought. Hello, El Niño
- SF Gate: What NOAA’s new snow maps say about California’s upcoming winter
- ABC 10 – Sacramento: California Reservoir levels: Where they are ahead of El Nino
- The Weather Channel: Last strong El Niños show winter’s possibilities