Lightning sparks new wildfires across California
A rare summer thunderstorm brought lightning that sparked several small blazes in Northern California on Sunday and stoked a huge wildfire that has forced hundreds of people from their homes north of Los Angeles.
- Los Angeles Times: Death Valley hits 130 degrees, thought to be highest temperature on Earth in over a century
- The Desert Sun: Death Valley hits record 130 on Sunday; Indio, Thermal also set records
- Los Angeles Times: Massive wildfire spawns fire tornadoes in Northern California
- Sacramento Bee: A ‘fire tornado’ warning? Weather service issues what could be a first at California blaze
- New York Daily News: Rare ‘firenado’ strikes Northern California during heat wave