La Niña: Is California heading into another dry winter?
You may have seen it on social media or heard it while talking to a friend: This is a La Niña year, so California won’t get any rain this winter and the severe drought is only going to get worse. Right? Maybe not. Although that’s a common belief, it’s not supported by past history. The reality is that a lot depends on where you live.
- SF Gate: Will the San Francisco Bay Area see any more rain before the end of November?
- KTLA: La Niña winter - NOAA issues seasonal outlook for SoCal temps, rain, drought
- Malibu Times: Severe Drought Declared
- Eureka Times-Standard: Humboldt County’s wet weather to taper off this week
- UCLA Daily Bruin: UCLA community raises concern over water usage amid drought in California