Kamala Harris visits Oakland to tout federal jobs plan
For the first time since her historic ascension as the nation’s first woman vice president, Kamala Harris returned to her native Oakland on Monday to promote the Biden administration’s ambitious proposal to rebuild the country’s infrastructure and create jobs…. Harris toured the East Bay Municipal Utility District’s water treatment plant, speaking to employees and touting the district as the kind of operation that should be emulated. …. Harris highlighted the water portion of the [Biden] plan, saying the goal is to invest in jobs that can build up, replace and modernize water infrastructure — all with the goal of getting clean drinking water to everyone.
- Los Angeles Times: Harris touts infrastructure plan — and Newsom — on first official California visit as VP
- CBS San Francisco: Vice President Kamala Harris warns of looming ‘wars fought over water’
- ABC7 News: Vice President Kamala Harris, Governor Gavin Newsom visit Bay Area water facility
- Triple Pundit: Overlooked in Biden’s Infrastructure Bill: Water Investments
- Fresno Bee opinion: Fresno water projects need federal funding
- American Rivers blog: What Biden’s infrastructure plan means for rivers