Almost every room of Suzan’s Richman’s San Fernando Valley house is damaged by mud and water. The wood floors are buckling and the walls are stained with what appears to be mold. “Mold is growing everywhere. You can smell the mold; it’s nauseating,” Richman told the NBC4 I-Team. “I won’t go inside the house without a mask.” It was 1:30 in the afternoon last Jan. 22 when an aging LADWP water main burst open outside Richman’s house, sending a river of muddy water gushing into her yard and home. Since that day, Richman says she’s been battling with the DWP to get compensation for the damage to her now-uninhabitable house of 27 years, which she says is more than $1 million.