Friday Top of the Scroll: Trump administration sues California to block water plan for fish
Turning the tables on California, the Trump administration sued Thursday to block the state’s ambitious plan to reallocate billions of gallons of river water to salmon and other struggling fish species. … The State Water Resources Control Board voted in December to reallocate the flows of the San Joaquin River and its tributaries. The move is designed to help steelhead and salmon by taking water from San Joaquin Valley farmers and a handful of cities.
- Los Angeles Times: U.S. sues California over river flow standards
- Associated Press: US sues California, says water policy violates state law
- Manteca Bulletin: Water fight heats up
- MyMotherLode.com: Feds Sue Water Board Over ‘Water Grab’ Citing CEQA, New Melones
- News release: U.S. Department of Justice: United States Files Lawsuit Against California State Water Resources Control Board for Failure to Comply With California Environmental Quality Act