Friday Top of the Scroll: Costa spearheads $800 million water infrastructure bill to restore key Valley canals
Congressman Jim Costa (D–Fresno) introduced a bill on Thursday that would provide over $800 million in funding to water projects in California. If the Canal Conveyance Capacity Restoration Act is enacted, $653 million in Federal funds will go to restore the capacity of three canals in the Central Valley, and $180 million will be used to restore salmon runs on the San Joaquin River.
- Fresno Bee: $800M in proposed upgrades to Fresno, Valley canals could mean cleaner drinking water
- Friant Water Authority news release: Friant Water Authority Is One Step Closer To Fixing The Friant-Kern Canal
- Your Central Valley: Costa, Valadao, Feinstein taking action on California’s water situation
- GV Wire: Costa, Feinstein Introduce Bill To Restore Valley Canals. No Money for Dams.
- Fox26 News: Federal & State bills aim to fix CA water infrastructure