California sues Trump administration again — this time over water
A day after President Trump visited the Central Valley to celebrate a boost in water for California farms, state officials sued to block the additional water deliveries. Attorney General Xavier Becerra, in a lawsuit filed Thursday, maintains that new federal rules designed to increase pumping from the Sacramento San Joaquin River Delta fail to protect salmon and other endangered fish in the delta estuary.
- E&E News: Lawsuits loom as Trump opens Calif. taps
- The Hill: California delivers swift suit after Trump orders water diversion
- Bloomberg Environment: California sues trump over administration water plans
- News release: Attorney General Becerra files lawsuit against Trump administration for failing to protect endangered species in the Sacramento and San Joaquin rivers
- Los Angeles Times: Opinion: Trump gives politically connected farmers more water, at expense of everyone else