California may be sliding back into drought; lawmakers and advocates warn now is the time to prepare
New federal data show that California may be sliding back into drought, just as the Legislature is starting to pursue ways to make sure residents are prepared for water shortages. Due to weeks of dry weather about 10 percent of California and more than half of Nevada are in drought mode, the federal government reported Thursday.
- San Jose Mercury News: Drought conditions returning to California, new report shows
- ABC 10 News: Is California ready for the next drought?
- Accuweather: Shrinking snow in California’s Sierra Nevada Mountains has officials on alert
- Highland Community News: State project water could help local agencies in another year of drought
- Capital & Main: As droughts ebb, California’s water issues remain