California drought declaration would trigger war over water supply
Experts say a statewide drought declaration … could bring significant consequences for the regulatory structure governing California’s complicated water-delivery system. Many farmers believe an emergency order could loosen environmental regulations and free up water supplies for them. Environmental groups fear the very same thing – that more of California’s dwindling water supply could be directed to farming at the expense of fish and wildlife.
- NBC Bay Area: 500K Baby Salmon Released Into San Francisco Bay
- Delta Currents: Blog – Spring flow pulses in drought years can help salmon. So, what’s stopping us?
- Restore the Delta: Blog - Delta Flows: Actions Over Words
- California Water Research: Blog - The “Greedy” Strategy For SWP And CVP Reservoir Operations
- Sierra Sun Times: Biologists Say Predators Eat Half of Salmon, California Farm Bureau Federation Reports