Blog: Drought proclamation and infrastructure plan bring focus to managing water in a dry year
California’s water resources managers are proactively working with our various partners through the harshest dry year we have seen in recent memory…. We are encouraged that the Governor’s drought proclamation will bring important focus on our precious water resources and inspire balanced approaches that will allow water resources managers (state, federal and local) to creatively manage our limited water supplies this year for multiple benefits.
- Association of California Water Agencies news release: ACWA Responds To Expansion Of Drought Proclamation, Proposed Funding For Drought Relief
- Environmental Defense Fund news release: Gov. Gavin Newsom’s Drought Proposal: Some Solid Steps Toward Building Climate-Resilient Water Systems
- State Water Contractors news release: SWC Response to Governor Newsom’s Expanded Drought Proclamation and New Drought and Water Resilience Funding Package
- Restore the Delta news release: Delta Flows: Gov. Newsom Expands Drought Proclamation
- Friant Water Authority news release: Statement from Friant Water Authority on Gov. Newsom’s $5.1 Billion Water Investment Proposal