Tuesday Top of the Scroll: Biden administration declares California drought disaster. What is Newsom waiting for?
U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack designated 50 California counties as natural disaster areas last month because of the drought. And, over the weekend, Fresno Congressman Jim Costa said on KSEE-24’s Sunday Morning Matters program that Gov. Newsom should declare a statewide emergency because of the dangerously dry conditions. …Yet, Newsom… last week rejected a request from a bipartisan coalition of state lawmakers from the Valley to declare a statewide drought emergency.
- CalMatters opinion: Drought hits California — and Newsom
- Your Central Valley: Valley congressman Costa urges Newsom to declare a statewide water emergency after rejecting state lawmakers request
- Pasadena Now: No Restrictions Expected in Pasadena as County Sees ‘Severe Drought’ Conditions
- Manteca/Ripon Bulletin: ‘Bleak’ Water Outlook
- AgNet West: Officials Confident in Water Supply Management Without Drought Declaration