Opinion: What can help get us through this drought
Living in California means living with droughts – there’s no getting around it. The devastating 2014-15 drought resulted in water shortages for our communities, farms and the environment, prompting California’s water leaders and decision-makers to implement early planning, improved collaboration, added conservation measures and new local supply projects to help balance the water needs of people and fish in preparing for the drought that is currently before us. … Let’s improve storage and conveyance so we can better manage our fluctuating and unpredictable climate.
-Written by Chandra Chilmakuri, assistant general manager of the State Water Contractors.
- CalMatters: Opinion: As drought hits California, long-term issues loom
- SF Chronicle: Editorial - The drought isn’t coming, California. It’s already here
- LA Daily News: Editorial – Newsom’s Drought Plan Lacks Vision And Bold Action
- San Diego Union-Tribune: Editorial - California Drought Declaration Is A Difficult Dance
- Farm Progress: Increasing drought brings challenges, opportunities
- Association of California Water Agencies: Climate change makes the case for infrastructure investment now rather than later