Monday Top of the Scroll: Weather alert issued as ‘Pineapple Express’ hurtles towards West Coast
The West Coast is likely to face torrential rain in the coming days as the 3,000 mile long “Pineapple Express” atmospheric river will bring wet conditions to the region. Landslides, moderate flooding and high winds are expected over … California, Oregon and Washington throughout this week as the weather system travels eastward in from the Pacific Ocean from Tuesday onwards. … In California, from Wednesday through to Friday, up to seven inches of rain can be expected at higher elevations while one to five inches can be expected at lower levels.
- KCRA – Sacramento: What is an atmospheric river, and how will one impact Northern California next week?
- The Weather Channel: California faces wet pattern from atmospheric river-fed storm this week
- San Francisco Chronicle: Rumors of an ‘ARkStorm’ are swirling. Here’s what’s really going on with the California forecast
- San Francisco Chronicle: Powerful storm to bring flooding rain and strong wind to California this week. Here’s a timeline
- LAist: Checking in on the atmospheric river coming to SoCal this week
- YourCentralValley.com: Fresno County prepares for next atmospheric river
- Bloomberg: California to get drenched from fast-moving atmospheric river