Despite storms, San Joaquin County, Sierra still in drought
Manteca, Ripon, and Lathrop may not see any more rain until March. The long-range forecast by Accuweather based off of National Weather Service modeling underscores the fact California isn’t out of the woods when it comes to the potential for 2021 being a drought year even with the recent heavy storms that dumped significant snow in the Sierra. The rest of the month is expected to see weather that has daily highs in the mid-60s to the low 40s with no rain anticipated until March 1.
- Antelope Valley Press: Powerful storm eased drought in parts of state
- SFist: Bay Area Remains In a Drought Following Storms, Likely Will Not Reach Seasonal Average for Rainfall
- Sierra Sun: Under average snowpack reflects statewide trend
- VC Star: Recent storms may dampen fire risk but did little to help the water supply. Here’s why:
- The Journal: Winter recovering in Southwest Colorado, but intense drought lingers