Provocative Water Topics on Tap at Our Executive Briefing
Don’t miss out as the most provocative water issues will be cast center stage on March 23 during the Water Education Foundation’s 34th annual Executive Briefing, “Wave of Change: Breaking the Status Quo,” in Sacramento.
This one-day event will feature discussions about real ways to improve water sustainability, such as using better water data to gain efficiency and creating ‘new’ water. Also slated for panel discussions are headline-grabbing topics, including the controversial Delta flows proposal and efforts to avoid a Colorado River shortage.
Topics to be covered are:
- Getting Smarter About Water: Putting Data to Work
- Tapping New Sources: Water for the 21st Century
- How the Water Flows: Update on the Proposed Delta Water Quality Plan
- Lifeline of the Southwest: Working to Avoid a Colorado River Shortage
In addition, two keynote addresses will provide both a broad-brushed painting of California water issues and a detailed view into groundwater management:
- “Water, a Past and Future Perspective” by Frances Spivy-Weber, Vice Chair, California State Water Resources Control Board
- “Groundwater Management: Drilling into the Details of Sustainability Agencies” by Trevor Joseph, Sustainable Groundwater Management Chief, California Department of Water Resources
The Executive Briefing will be held at the Hilton Sacramento Arden West hotel, 2200 Harvard St. On-site registration and check-in will begin at 8:15 a.m., with the first speaker at 9 a.m. The event will adjourn at 5 p.m. to a hosted networking reception.
Plus, there will be a silent auction to benefit our Water Leaders program. Items up for bid often include lunches with key people in the water world, outdoor adventures, wine, food baskets and more.
Registration is $250 for major contributors to the Foundation; $350 for non-contributors. New for 2017: a special $175 rate for NGOs and university professors/students. Attorneys can get MCLE credits for an additional $100.
Register today by clicking here.