Learn About California Water Basics & Beyond at Water 101 Workshop April 5
Jump on the Bus for an Optional Groundwater Tour April 4; Seize a Coveted Sponsor Spot!
Water management at the local level in California increasingly requires a firm grasp of issues across the state, so take advantage of this once-a-year opportunity to attend our Water 101 Workshop on April 5 and gain a deeper understanding of the history, hydrology and law behind California’s most precious natural resource.
Top policy and legal experts will be presenting at our annual workshop held at McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento, with an optional groundwater tour the day before.
Our Water 101 Workshop is an ideal way for new water district board members and those working in water-related fields to gain a statewide perspective on key water issues and the myriad agencies involved in water management. You will also learn about the state’s water rights system and how to work effectively with the state Legislature. The workshop, one of our most popular events, is also a great refresher for even veterans water wonks.
Among the topics at the workshop are:
- California’s geography, history & hydrology
- California’s water rights system
- Governing laws & regulations
- Groundwater basics & the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act
What attendees say about their Water 101 experience:
“Great workshop. Loved it! Learned a lot and I feel inspired.”
“Informative, fun, broad, varied! Super great introduction to the complexity of issues surrounding water in California.”
“I’ve worked in water for about 4 years now. and I feel the information provided really helped tie together several areas of knowledge I knew a little bit about into a complete narrative about water in California.”
Optional Groundwater Tour
Participants can also sign up for an optional groundwater tour the day before the workshop. Hop on the bus with us to learn about groundwater recharge, groundwater quality and conjunctive use of surface water and groundwater.
We will travel with groundwater experts to farms, cities and facilities to learn firsthand about groundwater management and talk to organizations working to meet the requirements of the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act.
Register here for one of the two ticket options while they last:
- Workshop only
- Workshop + Tour
Exclusive Sponsorships Available
Current Foundation member organizations have access to sponsorships opportunities for the workshop, which is a prime networking event for water professionals in attendance! Both exclusive and general sponsor options are available. View details of the various sponsorship levels and benefits here.
Why sponsor the Water 101 Workshop?
- Gain publicity for your organization during a unique and valuable experience that educates water management professionals, public decision-makers and future leaders in water resources
- Receive complimentary tickets to attend the workshop for members of your organization and/or your guests
- Enjoy exclusive sponsor benefits, including increased visibility during networking portions of the workshop
- Help us give more scholarships to those who would otherwise not be able to attend.