Itinerary Posted for Oct. 8-9 SoCal Tour
Water recycling, groundwater management and key infrastructure on tap
Join us as we explore a major hub of Southern California’s water supply where we’ll see water recycling facilities, Metropolitan Water District’s massive reservoir and see how wetlands play a role in Orange County’s water supply.
- Diamond Valley Lake, the large reservoir operated by Metropolitan Water District, the region’s largest urban water wholesaler.
- The Prado Wetlands along the Santa Ana River where we’ll hear about Orange County Water District’s program that uses treated wastewater in the river to replenish aquifers downstream.
- Inland Empire Utilities Agency, where we’ll hear about groundwater adjudication and management of a key Southern California aquifer.
- Eastern Municipal Water District where we’ll tour a water recycling plant.
- A tour of Riverside County Flood Control and Water Conservation District’s state-of-the-art, low-impact development test facility which demonstrates ways to incorporate water-saving measures into construction.
We will also hear about:
- Water strategies for urban and agricultural uses from Rancho California Water District, which supplies the Temecula Valley.
- Customer water budget-based rates from Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District.
Join us for the two-day tour. Click here for more information and to register.