Agenda Posted for Next Week’s Santa Ana River Watershed Conference
Registration for Southern California event closes Friday!
Sign up today to attend next week’s Santa Ana River Watershed Conference in Orange County, where engaging and informative discussions on the region’s most pressing water issues will take place.
Officials from the California Department of Water Resources, the Public Policy Institute of California and the Water Education Foundation will join regional water managers and federal agency representatives at the daylong event, “Moving Forward Together: From Planning to Action Across the Watershed“ at Cal State Fullerton.
Attendees will hear:
- The PPIC’s Ellen Hanak moderating a panel of the watershed’s top water managers to uncover the region’s latest innovations and find out what the next generation of integrated water management planning looks like.
- DWR’s Kamyar Guivetchi discussing the California Water Plan Update on a panel that will examine a pilot sustainability project in the watershed and the One Water One Watershed Plan known as OWOW.
- Hope Smythe, executive officer of the Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board, talking about the board’s priorities.
- Keynote lunch speaker Tim Moore speaking about the Santa Ana Watershed’s culture of collaboration stemming from his work with nearly every water, wastewater and stormwater agency in the watershed.
- Representatives from the the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the U.S. Forest Service discussing federal involvement in the watershed.
- SAWPA’s partners, including researchers and outreach experts, discussing a project aimed at engaging disadvantaged communities in water decisions.
- And more!
The event is convened by the Santa Ana Watershed Project Authority (SAWPA) and coordinated by the Water Education Foundation.
We also have a limited number of scholarships available for:
- Low-income community members living in the watershed to attend the conference.
- Nonprofits that serve the watershed to exhibit free of charge and/or to send up to three employees to the conference.