Thursday’s Top of the Scroll: Is Oroville Dam ready for the rainy season? Main spillway fixed, but work remains.
State officials said Wednesday the damaged Oroville Dam flood-control spillway is ready for the rainy season, and will be able to fully blast water down its half-mile long concrete chute for the first time in nearly two years if lake levels rise. Work on the adjacent emergency spillway is ongoing.
- Associated Press: Officials: California dam spillway will be ready for rain
- San Francisco Chronicle: Oroville Dam fixed and ready to go, officials say — but at a big price
- Chico Enterprise-Record: Cementing the future: Final concrete slab placed on Oroville Dam spillway
- Appeal-Democrat: Deadline met: Officials say Lake Oroville main spillway back in business
Related News Release:
- California Department of Water Resources: DWR meets Nov. 1 public safety milestone